In 1897 was established the first Armenian educational institution, which functioned for a long time as an orphanage. About 24 years later, was built a Milesian school, and in 1938 was built a Russian school. In 1950, primary school was renamed into the school of Melikyan-Ousan. In 1963, during social unrest, the school temporarily moved to the building of Mitsis. The following year, in 1964, the school had to move again and worked in prefabricated buildings of school Malikana. In 1972, the Armenian Church and the Cathedral was built with the great support of the government of Cyprus. Archbishop Makarios III conducted the inauguration on 12 November 1972. The same year school moved to where it is today. Nareg school was built in 1909 in Larnaca, and then in 1951 and in Limassol. In 2005-2006 the high school Nareg, started its activities in the same area as the elementary school.